Tuesday, September 25, 2007

For Sale




The house is officially for sale. When I walked out onto the front porch this morning and saw the for sale sign planted in our yard I started to cry. I love this house. I loved it from the moment I walked into it with my realtor and immediately made an offer on it. And I still love it now.

This is where we spent our first night as a married couple, where a confused and adorable 8 week old Mulligan joined our family, where many great memories with friends and family were created, where I tossed and turned and dreamed of Luke for the 40 weeks before he was born, where we brought our son home to on his first day out of the hospital, where Deuce came to be......

And as much as I can celebrate that we are going to be moving to a home where we will continue to create family and all of the wonderful memories that will shape our lives.....today I'm sad. I feel like I am betraying a good friend by offering this house up to the masses. Is it hormones? Or is it just the passing of an era? Either way, it hurts.

1 comment: