Thursday, June 13, 2013

Best friends




When I was interviewing I had a break in between. I checked my email and found these. My Mom had taken them while we were in Hawaii but for some reason just sent them to me that day.

These two are best, best friends. Luke is an amazing big brother, and Jules is his biggest fan. I love their relationship. These pictures so perfectly capture their relationship. I never planned or imagined having babies 13 months apart, and it is one of the biggest blessings of my life. I envy their relationship in many ways, and know that it is one that they are going to have for life. I worried that Jake may feel like a third wheel, but he has his own special niche in the equation. All through my pregnancy with Jake we were sure that we were going to have a fourth child, but when I look at the way our family lines up, when I look at the way they all interact and balance one another, I feel like all of the faces that belong at our table are here. My family is here.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love how much your kids all love each other :-)

    ReplyDelete