Saturday, March 30, 2013

Big stuff, Same time, Oy vey.

 Its getting warmer.....but in ZANY ways. We had like 6 inches of snow this past Monday, which I think was our most snow of the entire winter. It was like 4 days after the start of spring, which was cruel but.....well, prettier than the ugly brown. I don't really care either way, as I tend to like nature as long as she makes her self clear. Snow? Cool. Warm? Cool. The cold wet crap in between finds me distinctly nonplussed. This was a sunny day where we were all able to walk  Luke out to the bus before Jake and Jules went off to naps as it was a Thursday. Love Thursdays. I got a full three hours to too stuff.
 THE BASEMENT! This was Friday night! After a huge delay because of our floors being an issue (long story).........we are like 90% done! Trim work done, wet bar not done, bathroom mirror and light,  sconce in the enclave, and the AV/TV stuff/furniture not delivered .........but we are getting there. We had hoped to have it all here for tomorrow, but. eh. it is what is is. 
 Bathroom! Mirror and light and towel bar and hand towel bar and toilet paper thing coming.....but almost there. Had an issue with the tile and had to make them rip out the tile and re do it (felt like assholes....until realized it was like done by .....me......) felt better. 
 The egg dying crew! I admit to picking up eggs at like zero second of ten thousand errands. I hate Easter eggs. I hate their smell. I hate vinegar. I hate hard boiled eggs. BUT. The kids loved it. It was super fun. As they get older I may even come to love this stupid egg thing. 





 Easter Egg Dying ended up with this crazy dance party. I will say that  my broken hip has resulted in a new desire to shake my thing in the kitchen in stupid ways.....VERY stupid ways with my family. It is AWESOME. 



 The table is set! I admit the being a totally insane person! My insanity is the kind that REFUSES to be stressed out. So. So I started out on Friday. Nate took the day off. I went to the gym at 5:30 and worked my tail off.....and worked all day. With construction going on I was constantly running down the basement answering questions, constantly cleaning up dust coming up from the work of 15 guys working down there, putting together the tables, picking up the rentals, buying the food, making the stupid egs for the egg hunt, starting the cooking, prepping the centerpieces, etc, etc etc.....even just getting the kids to make the place settings is a lot of work! Today Nate went to the Gym early while I set the tables, then I went and worked out, he picked up the meat while I cleaned and cooked all afternoon and the kids napped.....its like this fine water dance.....I admit to some mania of enjoying my new basement pantry and frantically cleaning out all of my kitchen shelving. It was so unnecessary......but so beautiful......but so manic...oy.
SENORAS! I Was craving some habeneros as an end (or a break, really) to my day.....so we went to Senoras to see our friend Carmen. The kids all had fish tacos and Nate and I feasted and had a great face to face break up conversation to the mania of prep......we came home and got the kids to bed so that I could tend to a  on a hard core oblique/mop workout (the one downside to having hardwood all over)..........and we are ready. I think.

Tomorrow is Easter. It also happens to be my moms 60th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM (who does not read this blog) We are not religious....... but as a special surprise to my Mom (who is very religious) we are going to surprise her at her Church and then enjoy our day hosting our families.  I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Mangans! The basement looks awesome. Love the color you picked for the walls. Hope a wonderful holiday was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basement looks fantastic. I think you will need a vacation after all of this! Happy Birthday to Mom! She looks 39.

    ReplyDelete