Sunday, November 11, 2012

A sweet reprieve.

 I feel like an Elephant after the weekend away, Sandy, the party, the post party fall out, and this weekend. Oy. We decided on a whim to set out to the zoo this morning......and it was a wonderful decision. I have felt terrible guilt about my lack of excursions due to the whole broken hip drama, which took us right into the school year, in which we don't have long enough mornings to venture into the city. With Nate being tied up on so many Saturdays due to school, our family excursion ratio is in the el sucko zone. Today was a gem of a day. Truly, a gift. Beautiful weather, the kids just so fun and joyful, and me mobile enough to enjoy our romp around a relatively uncrowded zoo. Mad blessings.
 Trail of the lorax. Seriously, I know I'm way biased, but aren't they cute? They are just best of best friends and I love watching them experience the world. They thrill me. 
 Giraffes. Are there any weirder creatures on earth? Maybe Rhinos? We got treated to both walking around and doing their thing........the kinds and us were equally spellbound. 
 Ain't he so stinking cute? I am so lucky to have married a wonderful man. I can't wait till his school is done with and he is all ours again. 
The monkey exhibit


Some days are just golden. Just glistening serendipitious lucky and good. Today we woke up without a plan, and somehow ended up at the zoo. It was a perfect day. 

The kids are just getting easier and easier as they get bigger, making trips like this more fun than work. 

Tomorrow promises more of the same as we are Tyler bound with Jeannie and Henry and a forecast of 65 and sunny. 

Today, 11/11, was also my Mom Mom's birthday. We miss her terribly. I feel like she was smiling down on us, today, and like her namesake, my Julia, is keeping her spirit and her joy alive. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your kids - they seriously enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny coincidence, we went to the zoo last Sunday too to celebrate Mark's birthday.

    ReplyDelete