Silly Luke outside playing with his sister.
Our family in Cape May.
Luke's first day of Preschool.
with FATBABYJAKE.
My handsome big boy this summer.
It's 7:15 so I'm rushing, they will be up any minute. Luke slept with me in my bed last night. A kindergarden sleepover. We read this again, like we did one night last week. His "Big Day" plate is laid out along with a card for him. We picked his outfit last night. He picked blueberry waffles for breakfast. And we are going to keep it normal by going to the gym this morning.
We are going to have lunch with Mom Mom, Aunt Becca and Tessa here at the house....and then at 12:50 we will walk the long walk to the end of the driveway.....where the big yellow bus will come swallow up my big guy and take him off to his first day.
And I know he's going to do great. It's me I'm worried about :)
He is going to be fantastic - in part because of how YOU have prepared him. Prepared him to be kind, friendly, inquisitive, interested, interesting, helpful - and READY FOR KINDERGARTEN!! Excited for him, and for you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHave a great first day of school Luke! You'll do great! (and so will you sort of Melis but take tissues with you anyway?)
ReplyDeleteHey honey! Luke is amazing! You are too. Bittersweet is the only word that I can use in this scenario and it feels inadequate. The swoosh of time makes my breath stop, my heart hurt a bit. Life is so lovely...and painful...and wonderful. The only thing I can say Melis, is that you go big, always. And, when you go big, live big, it means you feel big. That's rough sometimes, but it's what makes you so awesome. I think about you every day darlin and send you good vibes from Chi. Keep on living big, girlfriend. XO
ReplyDeleteI love that letter and that you and Luke read it for your sleepover. <3
ReplyDelete