The night before kindy started with a kindergarden sleepover with Mom. Only because sleepovers are fun and I'm selfish :)
Luke woke up to his "Big Day Plate" and a card from Mom and Dad......he had chosen blueberry waffles as his special day breakfast.
His sister made him a card too. Apparently this is Luke, at his first day of school, amidst the trees and birds and butterflies. And, perhaps wearing a Sari? Very multi-cultural.
After we went to the gym, Aunt Becca and Tessa came by, with a plate full of Smart Cookies for her Smart Cookie Luke. He chose to eat Spelling first.
Then Mom Mom arrived, with a special ornament for Luke's Christmas tree this year :)
After a delicious lunch, we headed outside.
Where lots of pictures were taken. Luke was all smiles and confidence getting on the bus. As he rode away, my Mom, sister, and I all had tears in our eyes, even as we laughed at one another. They left, I got Jake and Jules right down to bed, and we all slept. I was a watched the clock like a nervous nellie from about 3:30 on, and at 3:55 I got Jules, woke Jake, and we sat at the end of the driveway waiting for our boy. The bus pulled up 5 minutes late, and he came bounding out, all smiles. We sat on the back deck enjoying Aunt Beccas cookies and milk and hearing all about his day. I'm so proud of my guy. It was as hard as I expected, but more fun than I expected, at the same time. I love that we will be repeating these rituals over the next years, marking time this way, and giving our kids things to look forward to each year. I was and am so proud of sweet Luke today and can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow. Tomorrow, no tears, I promise! :)









Go Luke and go Melis! XO
ReplyDeleteAwww, each milestone is so amazing, isn't it? Glad he had a great first day.
ReplyDelete