Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Celebrating Julia's 4th birthday

This may be my new favorite picture of my little lady ~ about to get a manicure and pedicure before her family arrived to celebrate her.
A casual Wonder Woman in pearls opens her first present.
Cake!
Daddy helps.
The cake she chose. She was so proud of it.

These birthdays really don't get any easier, do they?

For some reason 4 sounds like a little girl to me, not my baby anymore. She really enjoyed her party and I was so proud to see her running around with her cousins all day having a good time. She even slept in her wonder woman costume. Some things just aren't worth saying "no" to.

While I love the little lady she is becoming I can't lie ~ I feel like this is all going much, much too quickly and some days I want that little baby Jules back ~ the 21 month old sitting at the table talking about her "peanut buttah doast". I get scared for the years ahead ~ she is still so sweet and snuggly and affectionate......I get scared to watch that slowly but surely slip away.

Gah, now I'm making myself cry. See why I've been putting off this post?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lovely Jules! May you never lose your inner Wonder Woman confidence and spark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe our birthday buddies are going to be 4!!! She's glorious!

    ReplyDelete