Friday, March 23, 2012

4~!

We celebrate Julia's actual birthday eve with the Reeds and some cake.
On her Birthday Mom Mom and Pop Pop took her out for lunch and to get a manicure! Pink with white polka dots, very very fancy.
Celebrating her birthday at school on Wednesday. Each child in the class asks Julia a question about herself. It is really cute.
She insisted that her little brother sit next to her. The Mother hen instinct is strong in this one.
Ice cream cups for snack! Can I admit to being thrilled when that was what she insisted on ~ no baking! :)

So, my baby girl is 4. I can't believe it, I feel like I was holding her in the delivery room but a second ago. At 4 Julia is an easy kid 99% of the time. She entertains herself easily, she can sit still whenever necessary, and she is incredibly well spoken and easy to talk to. She loves her brothers fiercely. She is definitely my one child with my intensity, and can be very stubborn on occasion. She makes friends easily and is good at sharing and working together. Her and Luke can sit and work for hours on a coloring project or a puzzle without a problem or complaint. She loves to sing, and I hear her laying in bed singing for up to an hour some nights. She is all things girly ~ picking her hair style every day and insisting on a dress 90% of the time. She got a bike for her birthday and is ALLLLL about the bike, which marks her first true interest in athletics ~ she is generally more interested in watching Luke than in participating directly. This has me very excited as I hope for her to find a sport that she loves at some point. She starts T-Ball with Luke in April and I can't wait to see how that goes.

Julia, I love your quick mind and your kind heart. I love your fire. I love how independent you are and hope that you never, ever let that independence be squashed. You know your mind and you know your heart and you follow it with passion and intensity. Thank you for being you, you funny and lovely little girl. I think that great things lie in store for you, and I can't wait to see what joys your 4th year bring to our entire family. Happy birthday, kiddo.

2 comments: