Thursday, May 5, 2011

Preschool is awesome.


She was so excited. It made me giggle.

I have no idea where she picked up the leg crossing thing. It was hilarious to see her doing this five seconds after hugging her friends in a pile of unladylikeness on the floor.

Very serious and focused at the start of "six little blackbirds".

I am utterly convinced that there is nothing that makes me feel more patriotic and proud than seeing 17 4 year olds saying the pledge of allegiance.

The kids and I trying to stare straight into the sun and smile, without success.

So there isn't much cuter than pre school Mothers Day programs. I didn't realize that the kids did not have regular school today, I had thought that their program was a part of regular school and was planning on attending both with Jake. When I found out that there was no regular school, just the two individual hour long programs, I was bummed because I knew that that would mean that I would have to attend both with the other kids in tow, hardly able to enjoy and focus on the individual kids and their much practiced songs and presents. Luckily my wonderful husband stepped in and took control of the others while allowing me to attend each program with undivided attention. I hope that this was my only Mothers Day gift, because it was all that I needed.

I got to see Luke and Jules, happy and healthy (unlike the Christmas program experience of horror) singing and performing at the top of their lungs. I was so proud of them. I cried through most of Luke's, getting my emotions out of the way to laugh and beam through Julia's. It was so much fun to see them perform the 7 or 8 songs that they had been hard at work learning, and to see their beautiful artwork and receive their handmade presents.

Kiddos, I was so proud of you today. I loved seeing you interact with your friends and teachers, and to sit around in a puddle of emotions with the other Mothers as you guys honored us. You could not have given me a better gift, and your beautiful artwork made the playroom windows glow with colorful paintings and pictures. I am so lucky to be your Mama.


3 comments:

  1. Awww! Oh that last video, we watched it 6 times. What a nice Mother's Day tribute to you. I'd have been a blithering mess. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry too! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O lovie...just got caught up on the last three blog posts and am sitting here at work welling up w/ love for you and your family and missing you all so so much. Huge hugs and high fives for a 7 minute freaking mile @ mile 9. Love you.

    ReplyDelete