Julia and her BFF at preschool, Madison, at their end of year picnic. The girls are attending a camp together this summer, and we will have playdates, but I am terribly sad that Madison is only doing 2 days next year as Julia goes to the three day class (because Luke is and I would rather drive a nail through my eye than drive to preschool every day of the week)
This is how the kids are with Jake, every.single.minute. Best big sibs I know.
Jake meets a lama at the fair. Lamas are freak shows, for the record. I have never seen a more jumbled looking animal, I swear it. They repel me, yet I find myself wanting to nurse them or somehow take them under my wing, for reasons I can't explain.
Julia. Perhaps I should look into horseback riding lessons? So happy.
Best.Friends.
Mkay. So Jake started walking. Walking meaning this drunken lurching wide legged fat thighed wonder of hands in the air take-seven-steps-before-launching-into-arms-sort of walking. He is way way still primarily a crawler, but he is taking enough steps in a row to make it blog worthy. I have tried to get some video but have two problems:
1. The shittastic 6 year old video camera (that I can't even download to my laptop for some reason) is at my SIL's house, since Easter. Our bad.
2. This week is BANANAS. B a N a N a SSSSSSS!
Between sick visits to the Dr's (Luke has strep and don't mess with a Mother's intuition, FTR Mr hotty Dr Man)....the other two going in today to get cultured for it, end of year picnics, haircuts, workouts, school, and the attempt to both pack for the beach and procure food, it is nuts around here!
Trying to just stay caught up at the moment.
A year ago tonight I was taking a shower with Nate crying in frustration as a good 8 hours of contractions seemed to be slowing. I fell asleep for about a moment before waking up with good strong contractions, and my water breaking. Tonight, I celebrate not being in labor, while feeling over the top appreciative of that massively dysfunctional yet completely beautiful process which brought sweet Jake Pants into the world two days from now. I took a good long run with my handsome blond running buddy today ~ as he sang me through 7 miles I just smiled....knowing that he was the one who gave me faith in my body, even though his labor made me doubt it more than anything in life ever has.
Your kids remind me of looking at pics of my twin and our oldest brother. They will most certainly be best friends as adults, too.
ReplyDeleteIKWYM about Llamas. They are just plain odd.