Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bad blogger

Stair Master. He pretty much has free run of the house at this point, God save us all.
It's just a banister, not a cage. However, cage would have been wonderful at moments in this past 10 days.
Luke hijacks the January-birthday-cake-candle-blowing-out-moment.
I do NOT have him in a headlock. It is just a hug. Headlock was tempting, however.
8 months old tomorrow!

I have been up since 5. Luke had come into my bed around 3 with "a bad dream". He jumped up beside me and went back to sleep. At 4:30 I woke up with a start, thinking he was crying. No. My boy was cracking up in his sleep. I asked him what he was dreaming about (I'm nosy, even in the middle of the night) and he dreamily and sleepily whispered "You, Mama. Because I love you so much".

Melt.

However, I could not go back to sleep. So here I sit, watching snow puke down outside, yet again. Dreading dragging three kids into the gym through the snow this morning....though I would dread staying in the house all morning much more! Nate has been out of town for 8 of the past 10 days.....BUT! He returns tonight. And we have a great weekend of celebrating ahead of us this weekend.....because my wonderful husband and baby Daddy has a birthday on Monday, and because he found out yesterday that he was accepted into Villanova's Executive MBA program!

I'm thrilled (and terrified). Nate, I am so proud of you.

It has been a long 10 days. We have had several snow days. Things have been busy. I'm still having issues with my damn tooth (now the temporary crown is falling off. Get to go back tomorrow). I got discouraged at times last week, and occasionally wallowed in self pity, but this week, with an end in sight, things have felt much more manageable. Thanks to play dates and the gym and girls nights for getting me though. I love you guys who show up at night to keep me company on the nights where I am not falling into bed at 8:15. I love you guys who have us over for the morning and feed us lunch. I love my parents for showing up last night with a fully prepared dinner, and help bathing the kids. It really, really does take a village.

More proper posts coming, soon. I just need to catch my breath first.

6 comments:

  1. thinking about you in the snow today!!! Wishing I fell into one of the categories of helpful friends..., but know that I am thinking of you and hoping to see you soon.
    big hugs to all the mangans

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to Nate! That is fantastic news!

    I can't say it enough places enough times - I NEED WARM WEATHER. This snow is driving me crazy. I don't even have any kids here to focus on, and I'm seriously contemplating going out and shoveling the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie, are you kidding me ~ I see you every week and you keep me (vaguely) sane over the phone! xoxo

    And Rachel, I can say this. By the time true spring rolls around I am going to be the happiest woman on earth. NEver, EVER will I take rolling out of the house in T-shirts for granted.

    I actually dreamed about my tulips poking their heads up through my front flower beds last night. Then I woke up to a foot of snow. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrified of school too. It was fun applying but they actually accepted me, now what do i do.
    Also, whats with the "MY" Tulips thing? I have planted Tulips for the past three falls and you never want anything to do with them. bah
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing my ass off about the tulips. ;)

    Congrats to Nate on school. Sounds like an awesome opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just catching up on your blog after a long absence- where is my time?? Ronan was looking over my shoulder and said "I want to see the picture of the kids in the cage again!" I was like WTH?? It is the picture of them behind the railing- so cute. BTW- how is the paint situation in Julia's room? I would have totally lost it and done plenty of screaming and then lots of feeling guilty too.

    ReplyDelete