Jake, at 4 months you are a little fat bundle of joy. You love to babble, you love to gnaw on your hands, and smile and laugh, and your favorite thing in the world is to stand up. You are already getting up in a hands and knees position, and I fear that you are going to be another early crawler. I may velcro you to the floor to prevent that. ;) You are in a night waking phase right now, which is not thrilling me. You nurse and go right back to sleep, but after last month's sleeping through the night, I was getting a bit spoiled by my long stretches of uninterrupted sleep. I know this is a phase, I've been through this with Luke and with Julia, I just pray that it ends sooner rather than later. You adore your big sibs and love to have them sing to you and poke you in the face and the belly and whatnot. Okay, maybe you don't adore that part, but you surely do tolerate it well.
It is rainy and grey and much more fall like after last weeks 90 degree days. I approve.
I did some back to school shopping for the kids last week, some fall decorating around the house, hosted book club on Thursday night, went to playgroup Wed, the gym every day, and we are generally just starting to get a glimpse of this new life ~ 2 in preschool, Jake getting a more predictable nap routine, etc etc.
I miss my friends a bit. I got spoiled by all of those long days at the pool with girlfriends, or play dates at the park as no one was in school over the summer. I confess that it is frequently easier to go to the gym in the mornings rather than to schedule play dates. Add to that the fact that all of our kids are on different school schedules, and it has made getting together a lot more difficult. I feel like sometimes I have to choose between doing what is best for me physically and emotionally (exercise and some time away from my kids) and what is best for my relationships. I miss my friends but love my mornings. Everything in this Motherhood gig is a whole lot of give and take. Things are always in flux. Luckily I have a girls weekend coming up and am thoroughly looking forward to some time away from the olders and some time with my much loved friends (and the three nursling's who are joining us for the weekend :)).
No comments:
Post a Comment