Luke started playing with my belly talking about the baby inside of it.
Suddenly, un prompted, he threw his arms around my belly in a giant hug and started patting my belly saying last "Hi Baby! How you doing baby? What are you doing baby? I love you baby!". We started laughing. He then stated, "Mama, that baby not comin out yet.". Right Luke, I said. "Mama, I used to be inside your belly?" Yes, Luke. He asked, "Mama, I go back inside your belly?" we laughingly explained to Luke that he was much too big. He said, very seriously, "Mama, it's dark in there." We agreed that yes, it likely was dark in there. We asked him what he did when he was in my belly. He said "I kicked you Mama!", and then he said "And I YELLED in there!" we were dying laughing at this point, picturing an in utero Luke screaming away inside of me. Then he said that he "played" while he was in there. We asked who he played with, and he said "A boy". Then he went back to the "That baby not comin out yet, Mama" and we explained that the baby would not be coming out until it was almost summer out. He got a huge smile on his face, THREW his arms up in the air, and exclaimed "YAY! And then that baby will come out!".
I would love to know what exactly he pictures or imagines as he talks about his little brother or sister who is on their way to us. Jules loves to pat my belly and put her head up against it saying "I love you baby". Have I mentioned that I love being pregnant? I look at these two little blond heads eating and laughing around our table and am already picturing a third little person sitting there. Luke and Jules both (currently) are saying that the baby is a "baby brudder""......we shall see. Luke wants to name him "Boy". That may be a little awkward.
We are healthy (mostly) and happy to be outside and celebrating a great weekend of family fun and relaxation. A family breakfast out, a haircut for Luke (he is the cutest little thing ever sitting in the barber chair all by himself so sweet still and serious), and some leaf pile jumping in the yard has worn us all out and it's time to take a nap.
(This pic of Luke and Nate was taken before "Donuts with Daddy" day at preschool last week. My awesome husband came home from early from Tampa to be able to attend with Luke. It also happened to be "yellow day", hence the yellow hat and the yellow truck for show and tell. Luke, I have every confidence that some day you are going to grow up to be a great husband and father, thanks to the example your Dad sets for you. This picture of Jules has become one of my favorites already ~ to catch her in a moment of stillness and seriousness is a rare thing indeed)
You are making me want to be pregnant again! Are you guys still thinking of coming down this way this winter? I would love to catch up with you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, sweet, those kids of yours. It's so touching to hear how much "Boy" is loved already by your whole family.
ReplyDeletei camped out for two weeks in the living room to get that picture of Jules. Similar to a documentary. Shes very elusive.
ReplyDelete