This morning all was going according to our ritual. I was nursing Julia when I heard, "Mama, I stuck! I stuck Mama!". I told him to wait a second, assuming that his foot was tangled up in his sleeper, as some mornings he chooses to take the sleeper all the way off to get his diaper off. About two minutes later he yelled "Mama I stuck Mama come help me!!". I put Julia down to go untangle Luke.
When I got there I was aghast to see that it was not his foot that was tangled up in his sleeper. He has successfully taken off his diaper, and was halfway through zipping up his sleeper when, uh, something got stuck in it. Boy parts sort of something. I stayed calm (outwardly) as I did a quick and simultaneous unzip and yank move, freeing his poor tender boy parts from the teeth of the zipper. I instantly got tears in my eyes. He cried for a quick moment and then hugged me and patted my back saying "Thank you Mama, my pee pee all better now".
Time to reevaluate the morning routing. I forget that he has different parts than me. Time for a heart to heart between Daddy and Luke regarding penis protection, as clearly Mama is incapable of protecting the poor thing.
OH NO!!! I'm so glad he's ok.
ReplyDeleteluke! that's awful! what a sweet brave boy!
ReplyDeleteOwch! Those things are so darned high maintenance. ;)
ReplyDeleteIs there something wrong with me that I remember this exact thing happening to my brother... 25+ years ago??? He has survived, so will luke..., but lord, I can imagine how traumatic it must have been.
ReplyDeletePenis Protection Plan...giggling but feeling very bad for poor Luke! Glad he's ok!
ReplyDeleteOh Melis! I caught the tail end of this story at playgroup yesterday ~ I feel so bad laughing out loud but I am so glad that our sweet little Lukey is okay!
ReplyDeletei don't want to have that talk yet. i was hoping to wait until he was atleast twelve.
ReplyDeleteNo Nate, that talk is about keeping it IN his pants, this talk is the one about keeping it from getting STUCK IN his pants. Totally different talk.
ReplyDeleteThough I now that I think about it neglecting this first talk could in some sick way mean that the latter talk could be rendered unnecessary...........
If it makes you feel better, DH gave Sam his first "zipper injury". Sam is VERY careful when zipping those pajamas up now.
ReplyDeleteOh Melis... so sorry to hear that Luke had his first zipper accident... but truth be told, I had tears (of laughter) in my eyes reading it... maybe because I too have often told Gabe to wait while in the process of nursing Zoey to only go and find him in dire need of help... not that kind of help, but other troubles. I'm glad you were able to help him out. Wen
ReplyDeleteACK! Poor little peepee and poor little Luke. Glad the crisis was averted and all is well!
ReplyDelete