Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere.



Pumpkins ~ Check.

The kids had fun making our decorations for the front door and a jack o lantern. There are more to be made tomorrow at play group and again this weekend at yet another fall festival. I feel as though I am going to turn into a pumpkin. Scratch that, I am turning into a pumpkin.Or at least growing one under my shirt all too quickly.

Normally I don't complain about Nate's work travel. In fact, I generally really like it, the work from home and travel thing is a great deal for our family. I know that travel is a part of his job, and that the travel enables the income which enables me to stay home full time with our kids. I enjoy all the extra time I spend with my girlfriends when he is away, and I love having him around all the time when he is NOT traveling. This week though is his third week in a row away from home, and I am feeling it. I feel like his being home this weekend was simply enough time for me to do his four loads of laundry before I was groggily saying goodbye to him again Monday morning. I know that the early mornings, the hotels, the airports and a million meetings are hard on him too, so I try to have everything organized and good food made for him when he gets home. The fact of the matter is that no matter how cheerful he is, or I am about it, there are certain weeks when it just feels hard. This is one of them.

I feel like I only have it in me to be a good Mom for the entire morning, or the entire afternoon, right now. I am having a hard time stringing together entire days of "involved caring patient Mom-ness". I know its pregnancy, I know it, but man do I feel like crap as I climb in bed at night (at 8 pm) wondering how I feel as though I didn't stop moving all.day.long yet I still feel as though I accomplished nothing. On top of that, I feel as though I have been impatient with the kids and the dog and just about everyone else I encounter.

Need a booster shot of patience or something. A bolus of good cheer. Maybe I need to stop cooking and cleaning for a few days. Or SOMETHING. Being a stay at home Mom has no part time option, unfortunately.

/gah.

3 comments:

  1. give yourself a cleaning and cooking break for a little! You are super mom, no doubt about it, but even super mom can get take out occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me anytime....I will always come over and help you or just offer emotional support. And don't think you are imposing. I love the Mangans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure how you do it with a husband who travels. I am ready for my hubby to come home at the end of the day! You have my sympathy for sure!!

    ReplyDelete