Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

A big thank you to my friend Karly for posting this video on her beautiful blog. I was so moved by it I had to shamelessly steal it. This past Thursday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I have never lost a baby, but have way too many friends and family members who have. My heart goes out to each of them, and to every parent who has lost a child at any age of gestation or point in infancy/childhood. We love these little creatures long before they are born, and they carry our hearts in theirs way before we even know them. I found this a beautiful message of love, and of hope, even in the face of sorrow and loss. I made it to 18 seconds without being a weeping mess, and ended the video with a prayer for Eliot's parents and for all of the gifts that this sweet boy bestowed upon others in his short time on Earth.

4 comments:

  1. It gets me every time.

    They have also since gone on to have their second child, who was free of the Eliot's health issues.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it to second 43 before crying. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it on Oprah a while back and was a sobbing puddle by the end of it... it's a beautiful story and as Karly mentioned, they have had a little girl, I believe who is healthy. I heard them talk about Eliot being a big brother...

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. that was me, Wen who posted the above... just forgot to sign it.

    ReplyDelete