

Luke's teachers just sent out some photos from the first couple of weeks of school.
It was so strange to open an email containing pictures of my child that I didn't take. He looks incredibly serious. So serious that it made me laugh. Do I know this serious Luke?
It is so bizarre to think about Luke having parts of his life that are his own. It's strange after spending every single moment of his life with him to realize that for several hours two days a week Luke is entirely his own little person. I don't know that I am explaining what I mean very well......but it is crazy to me that people suddenly know him just as "Luke" and not just as "Melissa's baby". I am a million things other than just Luke's Mom, but for the past 2.5 years he has been just my baby. Suddenly he is becoming more than that. He is Julia's brother. He is a student at school. He is a kid at the gym. He is a boy at church. He is a lot more than just my baby, suddenly.
Still not explaining this well. It's 9 pm and (sadly) long past my current bedtime.
Luke is growing up.
No, that makes perfect sense. This is the first time in Norah's life that she knows people I don't.
ReplyDeleteI totally know what you mean...I think about it everytime V is in school (also 2 days a week).
ReplyDeleteIt gets even stranger when you go to pick up and other adults say Hi to him and you have no clue who they are.
ReplyDeleteHe looks so cute when he's concentrating!
ReplyDeletebeing the oldest is an advantage, with all the books your parents read to you. I'm the youngest of four boys and i can barely read now. Luke, you are ahead of the game.
ReplyDelete