More being, less doing, right now. New motto for at least the time until the Holiday's are upon us.
I need to refocus ~ Less time spent getting everything done, and more time spent enjoying these fleeting days of toddlers and mess and slight chaos. If nothing else, pregnancy is a great (albeit forced) reminder of how sometimes we can get caught up in running and doing and not take enough time to simply enjoy how simple and good life can be if we just allow it to be.
When I realized that there is nothing wrong in my life, barring things that I am self imposing (artificial deadlines, distractions, over scheduling, etc) I recognized that it was time to make a little shift. Not a big one, just a slight adjustment.......I need to take the opportunity to focus more on every single good thing, and let some of the other noise fall aside. I know in my heart that the kids, and Nate, and mostly myself will benefit greatly from a little focus. A little more gratitude and patience and slowness.
A giant pancake and bacon and coffee breakfast, a long day of enjoying my kids and napping and rain and football, and an evening with friends seems to be just the band aid that my soul needed today.
Why is it so hard to maintain balance? Why is it so easy to lose focus on what matters?
I hear you through and through on that one! I too have found myself in chaos instead of focusing on my sweet children and all the abundant blessings God has given us. Hang in there Melissa - you are doing an amazing job.
ReplyDeleteWhen you find the right balance let me know! I find it a very difficult task at times, too. It is nice to take a break and smell the roses every now and then. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back sometimes!
ReplyDeleteI so feel what you are feeling now. I need to take some of your wise advice.
ReplyDelete