I laugh at how we get to the beach and sigh a huge sigh of relief of "being on vacation"......then get home and sigh and even bigger sigh of "oh jeez we are home".
Groceries. CSA. Fruit share. Routine. Friends. Change. Life.
I feel liberation at being home. My kids feel so easy. The weather is so beautiful.
There are a million things on my mind : Luke's first day at school this Thursday (preemptive playdate meet the teachers thingy). The fall schedule, the one kid in pre school thing, the clothes, the food. the bagillion things that are wonderful and burdensome and joyous and scary.
The one kid in diapers continues to be this novelty, this indulgence, that I revel in. The long naps, the Nate at home, the way that the kids will play for an hour in the playroom as I do some housework or cooking............
This time one year ago I was heading into the dark period. The "OH SNAP Jules is 6 months old and crawling and needing solids and it's the sickness time of year and the darkness and the two nap thing". I have to say that I love my blog if solely for the purpose of looking back at a year ago and recognizing how difficult it was.....and how easy today seems.
I am in disbelief that this is actually fall......I fully believe that more summer is on the plate (I hope so, anyway).....but I love this weather. I know that the darkness of winter follows ~ so I find myself watching what I hope for.
Yes yes and a big old yes! Hooray for endless fall.........
ReplyDeleteThe weather today was beautiful and had me longing for boots and sweaters. I know, we should be careful what we wish for, but I think for the first time in my life I'm actually really happy about cold (well, Autumnal) weather settling in.
ReplyDeleteYay Yay pumpkins! Please promise me that you will post halloween pics? Our alternate seasons make me crave your fall.
ReplyDeletexoxo Sarah
my gene curse has arrived, my hair is falling out ugh. baby daddy
ReplyDelete