Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Up High"




Another new game. This one is called "Up High". I guess I don't need to explain much about where the kids got the name or how it works.

Having a two and a one year old is built in exercise. I cannot believe how physically demanding motherhood is when you have young ones. They clamor for "Up high" over and over and over. Luke has gotten into saying "one more time!" 300 times in a row.

I just finished putting Luke to bed for his nap. I made the mistake of reading "The Giving Tree". Ugh. I made it to the second page before I dissolved in full body wracking sobs. Sobs to the point where Luke started patting my back saying "You okay Mama? Mama you saaaaad?". Between that and the book "Someday", I have been all too aware of the whole cycle of life, lately. I look at my Grandmother and Grandfather, who are battling age and age related issues, and I look at my sweet little babies, and I know that it all happens much too fast.

I am off tomorrow for my first girls weekend since the kids were born. I am beyond excited. I can't wait to spend time with my girlfriends, and I can't wait to call home and talk to my wee people on the phone. I love that they get to have Daddy all to themselves for a weekend. While I will miss them terribly, I think that it will be good for all of us. If Nate calls any of you in a panic, please come quickly.

1 comment:

  1. have a great weekend! Can't wait to see you when you return...
    Tell Nate to feel free to call if he needs ANYTHING. We need practice! JHB

    ReplyDelete