I pretty much cried the entire way home from the beach today ~ I had picked up a Jodi Picoult book at the library this week ~ no mother should ever read a Jodi Picoult book. I knew this, yet willingly (and obsessively) entered into it and devoured it in a day. Nate just shook his head as I wept, and looked at him, and looked at the kids, and looked back at the book.
I know that I am a glutton for punishment, at times.
I don't know if it is a blessing, or a curse, to know how many things can go wrong in life. How many things can be taken away from you. How the things that can give you joy beyond belief, can also give you pain beyond belief.
No more Jodi Picoult books for me for a while. Can't take it.
We are home safely, tired, bags to be unpacked, and a glorious thunderstorm raging.
I just started "My Sister's Keeper" and I was bawling in bed last night while reading. I do feel a little like I'm torturing myself by reading it. Ignorance really is bliss as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDeleteYea, I learned my lesson too with Jodi Picoult. Back to un-emotional easy reading for me! Glad you had another good weekend at the shore!
ReplyDelete(novafan)
"no sharks, no pitbulls! just happiness and joy!!"
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Luke diving into the pool is fantastic, it makes me want to be two again. The tongue makes it!
ReplyDelete