Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dip Dip Dip






This afternoon I was sitting in the office nursing Jules and poking around on the computer. Luke was still napping. I heard a weird noise in the kitchen. A squeal sort of noise. I ran in there, to find my Luke, sitting up at the island with his hockey puck, balsamic vinegar running down his face, dip dip dipping bread and cheese into balsamic vinegar and pesto and tomatoes with gleeful abandon. He must have walked downstairs, and had his balsamic radar go off, climbed up on the high stool, and sat himself down for a meal. I have no idea how long he was there. He ate about half of my giant afternoon late lunch meal/snack before I caught him. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so Jules and I helped him polish off the rest of my meal.

If you notice in the pic there is a hockey puck on the island. Some kids use pacifiers. Some have blankets, or teddy bears, or whatever. Luke has a hockey puck. He sleeps with it. A while ago it was the basketball. Then golf balls. Now puck. Night Night Luke, Night Night puck. Two nights ago he asked me to give the puck a kiss goodnight. We are deep in the throes of another passionate new obsession. It's actually quite annoying how obsessed with golf Luke is. Every.single.time I get him out of the car in our garage we start a golfball/club begging match. He catches a glimpse of my clubs sitting there, and starts begging to play with them. Every single time its time to go inside its a heartbroken little drama as he is told that the (real) golfballs have to stay outside (he has hollow ones for inside, but never seems to remember that in his moment of heartbreak). I hear "Mama, where golfball go?" ~ honestly? ~ 200ish times a day. I have decided that it's time to get the kid some kids clubs. We have broken two sets of el cheapo plastic kid golf clubs, and I refuse to waste more money on those garbage things again. So, I'm in the hunt for toddler/kid golf clubs, if anyone has any recomendations or experience please let me know.

Jules has just come to life lately. Thats her "cleaning" above. Whenever she can she will swipe a wipe, and she and Luke will go on feverish "cleaning" binges around the house. She is just hilarious all of a sudden. She is talking so much, she is so interactive and funny, she loves to dance, and today she beat up Luke for the very first time (:/). Today was their first official "fight". We were reading books on the couch while our oatmeal cooked early this morning. Luke had a book that Julia decided that she wanted. She GRABBED it out of his hands while yelling "Me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeee". He resisted, and held onto the book, while saying "No, Julia". She took offense, I presume, as she then reached up, grabbed a fistfull of his hair, and pulled ~ hard ~ until he started crying and dropped the book. It was literally the first time I have ever seen any agression from her towards him. It both made me laugh (secretely, of course) and made me furious. Little Sumo, Julia Elise.

We head to the beach in a few hours. Luke has been talking about it all week. "Luke go Cape May. Luke catch big fish with Pop Pop Uncle Pete". Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    www.uskidsgolf.com is a great site for children. Things are color coded according to age/height. We just ordered Will his first walking bag -- just like Daddy. They begin Daddy & Son golf on Monday -- beyond excited.....Will is pretty psyched too ;) As for clubs, Drew had an old set of his cut down so Will got used to playing with "real clubs" per se. It's been working out well. US Kids Golf also has beginner sets as well -- again, based on age and height. Good luck, let me know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning binges? Send them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with golf and clinging binges? Sounds like they both take after their mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailey would be down for cleaning with Jules, but Lucas would have to be the one to help with the noshing. I am jealous of your fabulous eaters! Can't wait to see some pics of your little golfers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, i thought Drew just used a pair of Talbots clubs for little Drew.

    ReplyDelete