Baby girl, you are 15 month old. You were supposed to have your 15 month well baby visit today, but due to a scheduling mix up at the Dr's office (their fault) and their subsequent admission that the next well baby visit I could schedule was either Friday (when we will be out of town) or in SEPTEMBER, your Mama Bear threw a holy FIT at the Dr's, requested your medical records, and quickly found a new pedi based upon the recommendation of a friend. Your 15 month visit will be next week with our new Dr. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me, and sometimes my temper helps me make the best decisions for my kids. Let it be shouted from the rooftops that while I love love loved the Dr's at Kids First WC, and I loved the way that they would get my sick kids in for visits within hours of calling, I have zero tolerance for a practice that makes mistakes (they wrote my appointment time on my appointment card wrong 3 months ago....and I showed up at the time they had written down) and can't find a way to rectify them. I was tempted to include my entire diatribe/fit, but it isn't worth it. (It was pretty good though, if I may pat myself on the back.)
So. Julia Elise.
You funny little bugger. You are a delight. Your language skills are beyond my wildest dreams considering your age. We are still nursing, and you are officially that baby who asks to nurse. I know some people love to say the whole "when they are old enough to ask for it, they are too old to nurse" thing, and I find that silly. You loooooove your big brother. Every morning when I come in to get you you look at me, start bouncing up and down in your crib, and say "Luuuuke?" as you point downstairs. On the mornings when he wakes up first, and he hears you cry, he says "Mama, Julja crying! Mama, go get Julja!". He insists on opening your door, runs over to your crib, climbs in, and the two of you say "I love yoooooooouuuuuuuu" while pointing to one anothers noses and giggling like mad. Its mindmeltingly cute. I have to get it on video, then learn to upload video. Baby steps towards becoming tech savvy.
Your personality just shines through lately. You love to be held. You wrap your legs around my body, your arms around my neck, and cuddle your head right into my shoulder the moment I pick you up. You do everything Luke does. Today at the playground you climbed UP the slide for the first time, hot on your brothers heels. Your eating is epic. You could easily sit for 30 minutes in your highchair, happily and methodically eating every random thing that I put on your plate. Your new favorite word is "Duuuuuuuuude!", immediately after which you yell "Touchdown!" as you throw your arms up in the air. You have already gotten on board with your brothers golf ball obsession. You love to kick, and throw, and hit balls, and you also can't seem to stop yourself from kissing every.single.stuffed.animal.or.babydoll you pick up. You love to "talk" on the phone. You don't call it a phone though, you call it a "hello", which makes me laugh every time. You walk around with the phone, or anything shaped remotely like a phone, saying "hi Da da! Love you Da Da!" and the like.
You know your mind, baby girl. You know what you want, and when you want it. You have a bit more of a temper than your brother does, and I have to admit that sometimes it makes me laugh. You are a bit more dramatic than him. You never hurt yourself. You seem to have a very keen sense of what you are capable of, and you execute it well. When you do get knocked down (as frequently happens at play dates or playgroup as you are usually playing with kids a year older than you) you rarely cry. You are a tough little cookie. Your skin is positively dreamy. You LOVE water. You LOVE eating markers (not just sucking on them, actually eating, chewing and swallowing them ~ BLECH). Your hair is SO blond I cannot believe it. Its like corn silk in the sunlight. You have the sweetest little curls in the back of your mullet. You are a kisser, baby girl, and I feel honored every time you bestow one one me. You could not possibly be an easier sleeper ~ You actually sleep slightly less than Luke ~ You go to bed right at 7 with nothing but a kiss and a prayer. You wake at 7 am happy and ready for action. You go down for your naps with nary a protest.
Happy 15 months Ju-Jous (that is what you call yourself right now). I love you so much.
sweet girl! miss you guys
ReplyDeletejen
i was just thinking "how did green and brown eyes get such big blues eyes?" but that's what we have too!!!
ReplyDelete