
We are at the beach. Jules in Luke's old crib, Luke in the bed. Being here, I think back to last summer at the beach ~ nursing all the time, opposite nap schedules and the trials of two babies in cribs, and life feels very easy right now in comparison. Its simply amazing how quickly life/phases/trials come and go with babies. Not that they ever really go I suppose, they are just replaced with new phases and trials. I was just emailed this pic from a friend who took it last spring~ I was at Jeannie's wedding shower and Nate had both babies for the first time. He had Jules in the bjorn and Luke running around at a friends kid's lacrosse game. Big day for Dad. I can't believe that this little thing is almost one! We are simply hunkering down and relaxing down here ~ had a great breakfast at the Mad Batter this morning and are going to cook up a feast of seafood tonight. Its been nice getting away from the phone/computer/chaos that is home.
Luke sings now. We have been listening to two CD's from Laurie Berkner for a few weeks in the car. "Bootie Bootie Ya Ya Ya" and "This is me, this is me, this is me and my energy" seem to be my new theme music. Sexy. For whatever reason, those two songs in particular caught on with Luke and we sing them all.day.long. I love hearing his raspy little boy voice sing. He has changed me. I have the worlds worst singing voice (actually, my brother and I are probably neck and neck on that one ;)) and generally become a bit physically ill at the idea of having to sing in public.....but the joy of hearing Luke sing has me walking around singing all the time lately. Its embarrassing, but worth it. I am becoming a (bigger) dork at such a rapid pace its beginning to frighten me.
MARCH is almost here and I am so excited. Spring, baby, spring.
It's your brother. And thanks for the compliment in comparing our voices, but it's true - i do have the worst voice ever.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hang out down the shore this summer with all the kids!
That's a beautiful picture of Julia!
ReplyDeleteI love that kids bring out the silly side of adults. You should see me in the car with Sam, singing at the top of the my lungs and reaching my hand around to tap her head...basically anything to get her to stop crying! It's very hard to look cool at a stop lights these days.
Honey, dorkdom goes hand in hand with parenting. Welcome to my world. Embrace the dorkdom.
ReplyDeletegotta get "rocketship run". it's the best laurie berkner. we are all addicted..i love it as much as the kids!
ReplyDeletemiss you
jen