Uuuuuuuke has a new game. He is all about hiding. At first I thought it was a phase of "all about screaming".....but then I realized what was going on.
Luke digs hiding, but digs being found even more. (Maybe we all do?)
He hides behind this bookcase thing most often, usually while I am cooking or doing the dishes.
He creeps into his spot, and starts shouting "Uuuuuuuuke!" at the top of his lungs.
That is my cue to start saying "Where is Luke??? Is Luke in the dishwasher? Is Luke under the coffee pot?". Each question generates a shrill squeal of delight. The more inane the question (Is Luke inside Julia's belly?, Is Luke in my hair?") the more delighted the response.
I love it. I know that he is only 21 months ~ but all of a sudden he feels like a kid. Not a toddler, but a kid. I like kids.
What a fun game! And WHO is that on the front side of the bookcase?! I cannot believe all the toddler stuff, your BABY is doing!
ReplyDeleteAwe. The fun "where's the kiddo" game. We already play that with Paxton and it's a delight. He too shrills with excitement. CUTE!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you purchase that awesome book rack? I have been looking for something like that to help organize my little guys room.
ReplyDeleteMy sister is a teacher and runs a preshool lab at the highschool where she teaches ~ They were getting rid of it so I swooped it up for free :) I have seen similar ones in the One Step Ahead catalog I think. Sorry I cant help more
ReplyDelete