So, Luke has ringworm. And I have Poison Ivy. Don't come over.
Just kidding, you can still come over, I just cant rub Luke's diaper or my arm up against you. What I first thought was a spot of diaper rash, then exczema, then, well, ringworm, is, in fact, ringworm. Now, its not a worm. Its a fungus (so much better, eh?) Its the same thing as Jock Itch or Athletes foot, I have learned.
I think that it sounds much tougher and less skeevy to say that Luke has jock itch, no? My little son with Jock Itch. Athletes butt. I don't know why that is making me laugh out loud, but it is. Some over the counter cream is already starting to clear it up.....and once its being treated its no longer contagious....but ugh. I feel shame.
As to my poison ivy....I have spent a lifetime thinking that I was immune to the stuff. I thought it was God's little gift to me.....he created me with very little/no self control and a severe distaste for all things itchy....so I thought it very fair and considerate of him that I also was immune to poison ivy. Only, suddenly I'm not. Thanks, big guy. Funny joke. Ha ha. See me laughing? I have fantasies of burning it, pouring bleach on it, scrubbing it with a brillo pad, and poking hot needles into it. Stupid yardwork.
Look how big Jules is getting. She amazes me with her sunny little personality and big smiles. She is wearing my new fave thing, courtesy of Jeannie....babylegs! Totally rocking the 80's leg warmer look a la Flashdance. Everyone should start wearing them. With a onesie. Hot. (trying to picture grown ups walking around in onesies and legwarmers.......) I have not had my coffee yet, so all of this is really seeming funny to my sleepy brain.
Pete ~ I only rubbed Luke's diaper and my arm on your pillow for a few seconds. Muh ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa. Ringworm Ivy face'd Pete. You can call it Jock Face.
i love you because you make jock itch funny!
ReplyDeletejen
I don't know that Jen but obviously she's brilliant. (Aren't we all?)
ReplyDeleteAthelete's butt!! Bwahahaha!