It was another great weekend at the beach, albeit one without much sleep for Luke or myself. Ear infection # 2 struck. I knew it on Friday, this sounds crazy, but his left ear SMELLED funny. No fever, or tugging at the ear, or anything like that, but when he slept horribly that night I knew that my gut was right and he had an ear infection. called the Dr's office and they advised us to go to urgent care. Went, was right (Dr said that he had no idea how I could have possibly "smelled" and ear infection, but that he did, in fact, have one in the ear I thought he did). Got on the lovely pink stuff again. Luke is a total junkie for it by the way. When I pull the medicine and the syringe dispenser thingy out of the fridge he starts literally opening his mouth and sticking out his tongue over and over, he tries to pull the dispenser further into his mouth suck on it before I can even get it near him ~ so Pavlovian. He has turned into a little Houdini in the Bumbo and has decided that being upside down is WAY more fun than seeing the world in the conventional way ~ Hence the picture above.
We caught another weekend of just perfect weather at the beach ~ and Luke went on his first carriage ride around CM courtesy of Aunt Becca and Sterling the wonder horse. It was great, we clearly had the best tour guide in town ;) Luke really has beach life down, he loves the sand, naps very well, and is generally just easy and fun to spend the day with. If not for being up so much at night because of the Ear, it would have been a perfect weekend. This week is busy, playgroup, Dr's appointments for me, BF Group on Thursday etc etc.......and then we leave for MN~ I simply can't wait to spend the week with Jen, Mike, Julia and Will!
No comments:
Post a Comment