Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Slugger



So Luke has HANDS!!! And TOES. And he can even use them with some degree of skill! While those of us who know and love Luke have been aware of this for some time now, he seems to really have woken up to the reality of all that is attached to him (well, not ALL that is attached to him, but that awareness will come all too soon I imagine....). Appendage adoration. He has a whole new fascination with all things BODY. If his entire fist is not shoved down his throat to the point where its making him gag, his toes are. Included in this body love is his new obsession with other peoples faces. His latest trick is to grab on to both sides of my face, as though to pull me into a passionate kiss, but instead of the kiss he pulls me to him and starts sucking on either my chin or my nose. He did it to Aunt Becca yesterday at the gym and made her laugh out loud. I guess that this is a precursor to those baby kisses where they just lean towards you with their gaping, gummy, wet mouth and plant one on you. While I nurse him his free hand turns into a roving menace ~ his interest in my mouth knows no bounds. He very impolitely grabs my lips, my nose, and occasionally throws an eye gouge in there for good measure. The free arm is a terror! And those nasty little baby claws ~ No matter how frequently I attend to those fingernails I cant stay ahead of the game. Nothing is safe. Not my hair, not my jewelery, not my other breast *wince*. I spend half of our nursing sessions defending my parts. Very relaxing.

We had a great time up at Amy and Gary's house on the 4th, despite the less than seasonal weather (think fall). Amy, Luke started crying when we tried to take a pic and then we never got back to it ~ Blame my bad baby for your pic not being plastered to the top of this entry :). Thank you again for having us.

The beach was wonderful. Luke is utterly spoiled with love and attention by his Mom Mom and Grandpop, and we had a great time. No one has Grandpop's touch when it comes to putting Luke to sleep on the beach. No one. Not even me. Which means.........it's now Grandpops J O B !!! We caught 3 fantastic days of sun, and managed to keep the kid relatively un~sun~damaged. No small feat.

Somehow, while I wasn't really looking, Luke seems to have gone and established a SCHEDULE on me. He wakes up between 7 and 8, naps for an hour, sometimes 2 starting around 9.30, naps around 1 for maybe two hours, and then throws in a little cat nap for good measure around 4 or so. That gears him up to pass out around 7.30 for the night. Its fantastic. I like schedule. Good work Luke.

PS, the pic is of Luke with his very first baseball bat. A real Louisville Slugger, from the factory, courtesy of Becky and Milt. I swear, by the time his teeth actually come in he will have that thing ground down to nothing ~ Its his new favorite chew toy. Thanks guys!

1 comment: