Monday, September 9, 2013

The last week of summer. A busy one.

 We hit the Philadelphia zoo with the Carr's. It was a perfect, beautiful day and the crowds were thin as lots of schools had already started. 

 A big special treat. I had told the kids that we could have ice cream for dinner one night when Nate was out of town. We left the pool after loading up on healthy snacks and headed to Maggie Moo's.  
Jakes first visit to the dentist. He was so good and his teeth looked great. He is actually just getting in one of his final 2 year molars! 

 Luke was thrilled to find that he has a "REAL DESK" this year at his sneak a peak! His teacher, Mrs. Harker, seems absolutely wonderful. She was adorable and enthusiastic and very experienced. His first three days were fantastic, and I feel like he is in great hands, unlike last years debacle with the long term sub. I have a good feeling that first grade is going to be a truly wonderful year for my big guy.
 Back to school haircuts for my big boys. 
 Julia gets a welcome letter from her Kindergarten teachers Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Cooper! She was beyond excited. The meet and greet was great. She is in a class of 18 with 2 teachers who have been teaching kindy together at Kesher Israel for 15 years. They were SO impressive, I am beyond excited for my girl. She is in school every day from 8:45 till 2:45, taking the bus to and from. She is going to thrive there ~ they have everything from cooking to art to gym to geography and science and you name it. I'm thrilled. She wasn't shy and just jumped right in. I think that its going to be a wonderful year for her. 
 Labor day weekend was a "girls weekend" for Julia and I as Nate took the boys up to Stroudsburg! We had so much fun together, getting pedicures, manicures, going out to eat, going to see "planes" and doing lots of shopping. Jules just seems a lot older than 5 and is truly a joy to hang around with. It was a treat to spend so much time alone with her. 
 Girls dinner at Limoncello. 
 Giving one another Manicures while we watched a movie in my bed. 
 At the Farmers MArket. 
 Movie and popcorn and lots of snuggles. 
 We had the Corles for dinner on Sunday night, so much fun and so delicious! 
 Monday wasn't really a pool day so we went on a family hike over at Tyler Arboretum.
 The skies opened up and we got a MASSSIVE downpour. The kids LOVED it, and had a ball playing in the pouring rain. 
 The night before school. As per tradition, the big day plates came out and Luke got to pick dinner. He chose Salmon, as usual :)
Checking out the lunch I had packed for him. His love note reminded him to "stay cool"....a little reminder from a great book we read called "Clark the Shark".

And off to school he went! More on that soon!

2 comments:

  1. Playing in a summer rain shower! LOVE IT! We tried to get the kids to do that this summer... they were hesitant at first, but then had a blast, knowing it was okay to get wet from the rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I am sure Z and I wouldn't know what to do with a girls weekend... We hardly get a girls afternoon out every now and then. I am so glad you and Julia had some special time together.

    ReplyDelete