Thursday, August 1, 2013

Heat Wave!



 Dinner at the pool. Every night!
 Ritas Gelatti's at the concert at the park.
 Jules and Tessa.
Sunday Funday at the Kluebers pool

The third week of July presented us with a massive heat wave! Nate was in Vegas for the entire week so the kids and I sweated it out alone. It was actually great as we could do whatever we wanted and I felt no pressure to put on big family dinners. The schedule was simple. We went to the gym every morning from 8:30 till 10:45, ran one short errand, then came home and the kids did workbooks while I made lunch. After lunch we did yoga in the nice cool basement, and everyone went up for naps.

I grilled or cooked something for dinner and packed it all up while everyone slept, and when they awoke around 3:30 we headed straight to the pool to meet up with friends. We ate there every night! No clean up! One night we braved a very sweaty concert at the park, but other than that it was all pool, all the time. Every other night we would come home at 7:30 for showers before bed, every off night we could come home right at 8, slip into clean t-shirts, and right into a book and bed. It was a heavenly week. The kids have gotten SO easy at the pool, I can have a nice combination of playing with them and actually sitting and reading or talking with my friends without being constantly terrified of someone drowning.


No comments:

Post a Comment