MOthers day tea with my Jules.
Who I apparently am.
We spent all of Friday planting, feverishly.
I was blessed to receive flowers from my love.
This was one of 12 cards I got from the chilluns. They have picked up on my man hands, obvs.
This was the cover of Luke's book. He hid this away on Thursday when he brought it home from school. It is a bound book.....and it is a weeper. He woke up first today ~ I had set my alarm for 6 to get set up for the babysitter and get all set up for golf......and when Luke walked downstairs first iwth this in his arms I asked him if we could snuggle up on the couch to read it.
I was not prepared. I ned to say a thousand times over that Luke is just so GOOD, somehow. He is a heart of gold. He has a kindness beyond his years. A tender heart blessed with a outgoing personality the like of which I have yet to see the match of. He.......humbles me. I don't deserve him.
Anyway. Luke presented me with this book which just broke me right down into a puddle. It made me think that maybe I'm okay. That maybe Luke is a thousand times more forgiving of me than I am of myself. It is beautiful and I will treasure it forever. The kids (actually Nate) had taped all 12 handmade cards all along the back stairs......and on the coffee maker, and on my chair.
Nate and I had an 8 am tee time at Glen Mills ~ it was a wicked beautiful day......we both played great and so enjoyed the time together. I love my husband and treasure him in every way. I got to lounge on the couch and obsessively read all afternoon, the kids played outside while Nate tackled two house projects (with one disaster no comment).......we had delicious take out and are about to watch our favorite show.
I am grateful.





See!! Your kids and your husband --- not to mention all of your friends and family --- know you are an amazing mama.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Happy Mothers Day, Melis! xoxo
ReplyDelete