Two straight weeks of Nate away, and we made it :)
He popped in for about 18 hours last weekend, enough time for us to entertain that night, and me to take the bigs to a birthday party on Sunday, then he showed his face again this Thursday for a few hours (literally, he was up all night studying and left in the AM), so that I could duck out for a girls night, but on saturday at about 4 we officially got Nate back for at least the next 3 weeks or so. I mean, he is still going to be working, but he is done with school until after the new year.
It was a wild two weeks.
Part of me has become so accustomed to being alone that I admit to being a little worried about co-parenting again. I am a little ashamed about my calendar for the coming weeks. Orpheus club Tuesday night with the girls. We are in DC for Riverbeds Christmas party on Friday night together, but after that it is like a litany of women's events. Julia and I are going to see the Nutcracker at the Kimmel center downtown that Sunday.... a cookie exchange here, a girls night there, a brunch with the ladies here, dinner there.......I blushed in telling Nate my schedule. It's natural, right? I mean, I can't act as though my support system suddenly doesn't exist when they are my very lifeblood, but its weird to recognize how truly different Nate and my life is at the moment. Its wild. It's great, as without this I think that one or both of us would be miserable, but when he gets a break in his life I can't just call time out on mine. Luckily he is wonderful and wise and generous and supportive of me...........but after so many years of us just being "US" it is weird to see how "you" and "me" we are! Not emotionally, if anything school has made us more "US' as we work together if separately towards the same goal, but our schedules may not necessarily reflect that :)
The kids. Julia is going to be an angel in her pageant at school. In her words:
"Not a PRETEND angel! A REAL angel! With a COSTUME!"
Luke is FINALLY in his groove with school. No more issues, and he seems to be thriving on being a "good kid", he hasn't had a "yellow light" or any issues in a couple of months. Big sigh of relief.
Jake is a ball of snot. He has been for 2 months. He isn't sick. At all. Jake is headed for tonsil and adenoid surgery, as soon as I can get it for him. Jake's snoring is a HUGE issue. The poor kid is the biggest, healthiest, SNORIEST SNOTTIEST kid I have ever seen. After talking to two different friends who had kids who seemed to be the exact same way and who told me IDENTICAL stories about how the surgery changed their kids lives, I am hell bent on getting this done for my poor Jake. Hearing him breathe through his sleep is literally painful.
He is the happiest, huggiest, kid I have ever met. He is a joy. He sleeps like a dream, he complies, he is just easy. Again, I have no interest in being pregnant or any of that again, but if I could somehow just clone Jake, I would do it in a second (but with smaller adenoids, poor lovie).
Life is good. We are not all that crazy, thanks to our adherence to three gifts/kid, amazon prime (I will get back to all local shopping next year, when I hope to have conned the school into getting Julia into AM kindy and having Jake in Preschool 3/week. Do you know what that means people. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, PEOPLE?????THREE MORNINGS ALONE????? )
Anyway. Not really digging the cold but I guess it is what it is. Nice week ahead with the long lost Nate home with us. I hope I still like him :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment