This is Peanut, our new pet. Long story short, Peanut is a racing pigeon who got lost or exhausted along the course of a 300 mile race that started out in Southern VA. She decided to call our house home, and has been with us for a week. We found her owner, thanks to the ID bands around her ankles, and thought he was coming to pick her up Saturday....but he hasn't showed up....and Peanut seems quite content here with us. Its strange playing in the driveway with three kids and a pigeon, but hey, the Mangans are strange. Why not?
A Halloween preview. The Ninja idea was nixed after looking at costumes and realizing how weapon dependent ninja costumes are. THis being 2012 and weapons being, well, completely disallowed everywhere, we came up with plan B.
More Thursday afternoon baking with my little helpers.
As the kids get more independent I sleep in a lot more often. The bigs come downstairs and play while Jake and I lay in bed till almost 8 some mornings. I came downstairs to this the other day.
A night at Iron Hill with the Rutherfurd clan. I'm trying to set up more fun plans on Friday nights to keep myself from feeling so lonely when Nate is at school. This friday I actually have Brooke coming and they have "Partners night", so out to dinner we go with a bunch of Nate's classmates. We are getting close, folks. Closing in on 7 months to go. Go, Nate, Go.
Nate and Jake on a hayride at Pumpkin Fest at East Goshen park on a PERFECT October Saturday.
The Chili Cook off in West Chester on Sunday! One of our favorite borough events was better than ever this year!
The kids and the Ram.
Lots to catch up on, I will update after Wednesday.




No comments:
Post a Comment