
My silly boy, post bath. We have a new winter routine of hour long baths after his nap and while the older kids sleep. I read and Jake plays and occasionally walks over and gives me long hugs, it is lovely. My boyfriend.
My sweet baby boy turned 18 months old last week. I am infatuated with the little man. This is just such a fun, easy stage. He eats, sleeps, and has suddenly shifted from "the baby" to "one of the kids". I don't know exactly what did it ~ if it is his suddenly expanding vocabulary, or his command of receptive language, or just a mental shift on his part, but he seems to now self identify as a pre schooler rather than as a baby. At 18 months you are a joy, Jakers. You are a wonderful sleeper and a wonderful eater, and you are ALLLLLL your Daddies personality. You are just a jolly little fellow, you don't take yourself too seriously, and you are already exhibiting a goofy and love to laugh personality that I adore. You are totally going to be the class clown ~ yet you also have this gritty little determination that I love. You don't miss a trick, Jake. You continue to be the most affectionate child I have ever met ~ your kisses and hugs are the highlight of my day.
We had his 18 month well visit today, and Jake continues to be at the tip top of the growth chart at 30 lbs and 34 inches. Watching you grow into a little boy is a joy little man, I love you.
After a crazy weekend where Nate was at school till about 6 on Saturday night, we ran in Brian's Run (a 5 mile race raising money to equip housing for newly disabled vets) on Sunday and then hosted a party afterwards! It was a great time.....but after cleaning and cooking all weekend, having 30 some people at the house and being up till almost 1 last night has led to a very, very lazy day today! I'm laying in front of the fire ~ my tired kids slept from 1-4:30 today (when I finally woke them up!) after having a great afternoon and evening with Brooke and Jackson and Carter yesterday. Due to the ridiculously long nap, I'm snuggling down in a "nest" in front of the fire with the bigs, no lights on but Christmas lights, my house clean and put back in order post party, and about to watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special on TV with my kids for the very first time! Fa la la la laaaaaaaaaaa.
He is just too darn adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteI adore him! And I just love your relationship with him. What a treasure.
ReplyDeleteJake is such a cutie, as are all your kids! I still watch Charlie every year with my Mom (I'm just a "few" years older than your kids. ;)
ReplyDelete