Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm fired.

6 Mangans trick or treating together! All wearing Star Wars garb. The kids were so happy and excited running from house to house following their big cousins through the snow.
Queen Amidala utilizes her parade wave.
Luke's class parades and sings their Halloween songs.
Waking up to snow, early Sunday morning en route to the gym.
This is simply unheard of in PA in October. I loved it, in a weird way.

Kids, I'm so sorry. I promise you that while this written record may not prove it, you are having a lovely fall. We are in a whirlwind of school, birthday parties, weaning, all sorts of things. You are having a lot of fun.......so much fun that I am sitting here at 8:48 in my pajamas, in my bed, wondering why on Earth I am not sleeping already. I'm beat. You guys have way more energy than me, even in my new exercise deprived candy fueled state. We had a busy week last week ~ Nate away most of the week, then at school Friday and Saturday. I stayed up wayyyyyy to late during Laura's sleepover, and had to attend a birthday party with three kids in my charge at a Moonbounce place with total stranger people (school party, but with no one I knew there.). These were strange stranger people, too! I felt like I was in sleep deprived bizarroland as I chased Jake around in the middle of an October snowstorm. The snow ruined our plans on Saturday night AND brought us unexpected but welcome guests in the form of Meredith, Kevin, Riley, Timmy and Christopher, as the storm took their power. Enter a late Eagles/Cowboys game, some preschool parading, trick or treating with 6 kids through the snow.....and me trying to get the house/laundry/food/schedule ready for my departure sans entire family....well, here we are. I'm getting more tired writing about it.

1 comment:

  1. SUPER MAMA! (And wife and friend and sister in law and the whole bit). You deserve this trip away - enjoy every minute.

    And I LOVE Jules in her parade wave photo. Even without her "weapon" !!!

    ReplyDelete