Nate was awarded three big and important contracts in three days, and I got 7 loads of laundry actually PUT AWAY (this is an epic task ~ and yes, it shows the mundane side of Motherhood and the small victories that happen....but with three young kids the task of putting the laundry away in their drawers can be quite daunting. There is no way to do it at nap time or after bedtime....and with three critters all up in your junk awake time is not the easiest either!) Thanks Mom Mom and Pop Pop for taking the bigs to the movies and dinner tonight so that I could get my laundry done, food shop for the week, pick up gifts for upcoming parties, and enjoy some quality time and a hot sushi date with Jake. The errands are done, the workouts happened, and a whirlwind three days of social activity and gym time lay ahead of us.
It is 8:35 and I am in bed. Life is good. There are moments where life just feels so chaotic ~ where I am up at 3 am with lists of things that I have to do running through my head and a knot in my stomach. Then there are moments like this one, where victories large and small are won, and three clean, content kids are sleeping peacefully in bed and I know that for today at least, I did my best, and my best was good enough. Night, world.
Wait a minute...you put laundry IN THE DRAWERS?
ReplyDeleteI don't believe you.
Congrats on the small victories that we all live for. I'm hoping to achieve a few myself today.