Julia, my sweet, funny little monkey. You are almost three. When you lay your head on my chest as I read to you and sigh "Mama! We are going to be girlfriends foreverrrrrrrr", I almost die of love.
I just want you to know this. If you ever read this as an angsty teen or as a jaded young woman, or if I fail you in some way down the road ~
Please just know this truth. Please know that I love you, and I love your self confidence, and I love how much you love your beautiful, strong body, and how unconcerned you are with what anyone else is doing. You know your mind, young one. My greatest hope for you is that you retain your sense of purpose ~ that you continue to know your mind and stay true to it. I love the person that you are, Jules. I love seeing the person that you are becoming. And I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend forever.
Jules is going to be one fantastic woman. I really look forward to getting to see that happen. She's got an awesome, AWESOME example to follow.
ReplyDelete