Saturday, August 28, 2010

3 Months!

Sleeping like a.....well, like a baby.

Mom........get me out of here. They are tag teaming me with toddler "love".
The big guy is constantly the focus of both Luke and Julia's attention and affection.
So these things are MINE? All mine! All the time? Now if I could just figure out how to use them to my advantage........
A beautiful sunset on the eve of wee man's 3rd month of life reminded me of the sunset on the night before he was born. The corn was quite a bit smaller when I last walked through this field in labor.

Little Dude! 3 months already! You are a joy, with your fat cheeks and your jolly smile. You have really come into your own this month, rolling about, staying awake for much longer periods of time, and starting to sleep well! Your laugh lights up my life and I do the most embarrassing things to elicit it! You have entered that delightful hair grabbing phase as well, which is just fabulous. It has been quite a while since anyone ripped out handfuls of my hair. You also spit up more than you used to, leaving me mucho excited to jump in the shower every single night after feeling like a human burp cloth. Yum. You are an easy and efficient nurser, and you go to bed between 7 and 8, that is steadily trending earlier and earlier, which is good. You have slept through the night many times in these past few weeks, though I am more used to you getting up once or even twice a night to nurse. I think that you just kicked off another growth spurt as you seem to be eating more. You have discovered the joys of your own hands, and are a thumb sucker and hand gnawer already. I am hoping that you are a late teether like your sibs, but you have bitten me several times lately while nursing, so part of me wonders if you might bust out some chompers earlier than the dynamic duo. Luke and Julia just adore you. Their new trick is to coerce you into grabbing things. This can be fun, or traumatic, depending on how strongly they are coercing, and what the item is. Today I found them just cracking up and it was because they had gotten you to grab a postcard, and they found it quite hilarious to watch you happily gum away on it. Your schedule is starting to evolve, with 3 long naps a day at the moment. You love baths so much, and swimming in the pool keeps you grinning from ear to ear. You frog kick your fat little legs and just make me laugh with your glee at feeling the water on your body. You smell delicious. I cried packing up all of the 6 months clothes you have grown out of. But then I cried again with happiness when I went clothes shopping in the basement and pulled out your fall wardrobe (Luke's clothes) which were so laden with happy memories. I got so excited to share fall and pumpkins and all that fun with you, buddy. Thank you for three great months, little fellow. They are clicking along much too quickly, even though I savor each day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 3 months, little (big!) man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is growing fast! Love his smiley little face.

    ReplyDelete