Jake's cheeks grew a lot.

This is how a special Fathers Day breakfast gets cooked when Daddy gets to sleep in and you have three kids in three years. It ain't pretty, and probably not entirely safe, but it works.
Jake rocked the dance floor at the wedding.
He (and we) were honored to meet Cardinal Rigali, the Archbishop of Philadelphia.
Jake and Lindsay, the beautiful bride.
Luke and Julia get a kick out of filling up the baby pool. Best $12 we have EVER spent.
Jake spent Friday afternoon chilling with BFF Henry. They party hard, these boys.
A party Friday night at friends house, a wedding Saturday night, and Fathers Day on Sunday. It was a great weekend that left me utterly wrung out, courtesy of Jake pulling a "Hey it's fun to nurse every hour from midnight till 8 am!" stunt last night.
Nate had a great Fathers day being treated to sleeping in, Golf at Applebrook with my Dad, Pete and Rich (and the best round he has ever shot there ~ way to go Nate), and then a BBQ at our house for everyone. It was H-O-T and the kids enjoyed the pool while we enjoyed the air conditioning and the US Open and some great food. I need to get back to exercising ~ that starts Thursday with "Stroller Fitness" at the gym ~ since Jake can't go into kid zone until he is 8 weeks old I am having a hard time figuring out when to exercise. Wearing a bathing suit 2 and 3 weeks postpartum is a necessity but not exactly a joy. I would love to get back to feeling like myself and I know that exercise is the only way to get there. Nap time would be ideal as Nate has been here and I could throw Jake in the stroller and go for a run.....but it is eleventy billion degrees here at 1 pm and I just can't see me surviving my re-entry into the world of exercise in that heat. OH, and there is that other little reality involving me being up all night and needing to nap during the kids nap time. Ugh. Have you ever seen a recently delivered, exclusively breast feeding c section mom running? It isn't cute. I actually wince just picturing myself. But, since I have already thrown all pride and vanity out the window (see previous bathing suit sentence) I suppose that I need to just go for it and enjoy laughing at myself.
Big week ahead of us as Nate travels for the first time. Lots of deep breaths and prayers for patience and we will be just fine. If you see me out running please either run me over or else look away before you are scarred for life and pretend that it never happened :).
those cheeks are too much! what a fun weekend! i wish i was one fo your kids right now!
ReplyDelete