Thursday, February 18, 2010

3 year old stuff.



I have no idea where this week went.

Luke had his three year well visit on Monday. He is 38 inches and 36 lbs, which puts him in the 90% for weight and the 60% for height. His visit was fun ~ they did vision testing, which Luke loved, and colorblindness testing, and the Dr. asked Luke a bunch of questions. I found myself wishing that I had snuck a video camera into the visit ~ seeing my little man sitting on the table so self assured clad in nothing but his little Elmo tighty whiteys was just too stinkin cute. The Dr. drew a bunch of shapes on the paper and asked Luke what they were. He asked questions about bigger and smaller and longer and shorter. Luke liked the game and answered all of the questions right.

Then the Dr got to the next set of things. He asked "Can you name an animal that swims?". Luke answered ~ "Mmm, a dolphin. Or a humpback whale".

The Dr. asked, "Can you name a fruit that is yellow?" "mmmm, A banana!" said Luke. Spot on.

Then the Dr. asked, "Luke, where does milk come from?". Silence. Luke turned to me and whispered, "Mama, where does milk come from?". I said that the Dr wanted him to answer the question. He turned to the Dr, pointed to me and said "Mmmm, from Mama's boobies?".

To say that I turned RED would be an understatement. Luke does not drink cows milk, watched his sister nurse for almost 2 years, and now we are already talking about this new baby and what it will do and what it will eat ~ so DUH, milk comes from Mommies! It was hilarious. The Dr. was rolling laughing, as was I. I love his pediatrician.

Luke visited the dentist the next day for the first time. He was a total champ, climbing up in the chair all by himself, sitting still, opening his mouth, laughing and sitting perfectly still while the hygienist cleaned his teeth. It was a riot to see him so into the whole thing, filling up his little plastic cup and swishing and spitting. I was proud of him. He has great teeth and is in great health. A good week.

4 comments:

  1. The milk comment made me LOL! So cute (and yes embarrassing)! I asked Evan the same question to see what his answer would be and he replied "A cow's butt". Close....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh melis..just the laugh i needed! go luke and go you! so...does luke drink goats milk??
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha! So cute! He's one smart lad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norah is such a champ at the doctor's and dentist's offices. Go Luke!

    ReplyDelete