Monday, December 21, 2009

Holidaze

Luke and Jules are thrilled with their presents from Grandma and Grandpa. They may just live in front of the tree until Christmas.
They worked together to open their presents. 
Our child labor force hard at work. Making cookies with toddlers is a lot of fun (and a ton of mess).
Julia  experiencing ecstasy in the form of a giant plate of cake at brunch on Sunday, courtesy of Mom Mom. 
Immediate and intense ecstasy sugar crash snoozefest on the 5 minute ride home.
Pre-Christmas brunch with the family at Applebrook.

Every moment until Christmas is booked solid. I just got home from prenatal yoga, and I think that it may be the last time I get to relax until the "holiday" is over. Isn't holiday supposed to be about vacation? Or am I not Euro enough to qualify for that definition of holiday? I'm trying to stay within my little bubble of peace and just take everything as it comes without worrying too much about tomorrow. The kids are healthy. We are healthy. *Most* of the presents have been procured. Deep breaths.  Deep breaths. Thank God for yoga. Thank God for friends, and a helpful husband.  

In totally disjointed pregnancy news, I am feeling great and our ultrasound is scheduled for Dec 30th. Can't wait to see this wee babe and I covet any prayers or good thoughts for a clean bill of health. Though I was sorely tempted, we are not going to find out the babies sex, as per our M.O. The baby is moving around all over these days and I treasure the kicks ~ Nothing else can get me to slow down and smile instantly like those sweet reminders that there is something huge going on within me, in the midst of all of the insanity going on outside of me. 

Buckle your seat belts everyone, it's Christmas week. 

3 comments:

  1. You look great, Melissa. You def are in my thoughts for your u/s

    ReplyDelete
  2. in mn we call it "hollidazzle"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of healthy baby thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete