Some days I feel as though all I do is feed people. Nate, Me, Luke, Jules....just feeding em all.
Luke loves he word "Snack". Comes out of his mouth as "Nak". Snack means breakfast, snack means lunch, snack means snack, and snack means dinner. Even though Luke very clearly says "juice" snack sometimes even means juice. Never, ever, have I seen a child as enamored with a single word, a single concept, as Luke is with Nak. Between cooking him 3 meals, Luke's feverish pointing and escalating volume any time I approach an actual food holding station such as the fridge, freezer, or pantry, NAK consumes a big part of my day. (Lets not forget cleaning up NAK, which now that Luke likes to play "grabby head" as illustrated in the above pic where he has a head full of corn chowder is even a more glamorous and time consuming adventure)
To anyone who has ever nursed or been around a nursing baby, you know the astonishing fervor with which they crave and need the breast !~ that hilarious feverish slightly neurotic squirrly little rooting thing is just so insane and insistent and beyond any ones control its amazing.
Anyway, that's how we do round here at the moment. Feed, Change, Love. Lotsa love.
And if only all of my wonderful friends hadn't brought me DESSERT when you brought us dinners, I might even be losing some weight. Instead, I am eating NAK about as ardently as my son.........
The first pic is from my Mom's birthday ~ Mom, we love you. Happy birthday again!
No comments:
Post a Comment