So I have one session of playgroup under my belt. How is it that I got to be old enough to have a kid who playgroup's??? I feel like it was just yesterday that my Mom was having all of the neighborhood mom's over to our house for playgroup down in the basement. I remember that Becca was a biter, it was quite the playgroup scandal. I am happy to say that she did eventually grow out of that. Perhaps I have picked up where she left off? When words fail me I find myself resorting to biting lately. More on that in a moment.
I am thrilled to say that I really enjoyed it. There were 6 of us, the babies ranged from 8 months down to 9 weeks. There was none of the competitive mom bullshit that I so dread and the eats were good. Luke was a little charmer as usual. I had no choice but to bite him mid-playgroup......something about him laying on a blanket on the floor just waving his arms and legs and "talking" up at me in spazms of delight was simply too much for me ~ I had no other appropriate response but to scoop the kid up in my arms and bite him silly. Its too endearing. Emotional overload. His grins instantly twist my heart into this CRAMP, no one ever told me that happy love could actually hurt. Luke has started to seemingly live for the sound of his own voice. He does a whole operetta ~ a gurgling gargling study on the letter "G". His little legs kick up in the air to help him hit the high notes. I watch this for hours. Nate got some of it on videotape down at the beach as Luke was singing a love song to the ceiling fan. The fan seemed nonplussed by the whole thing, but Luke's determination never faltered. He is hell bent on wooing that fan.
His newest way of wrapping me around his finger involves pulling off the nip while nursing to look up at me with a giant grin. As soon as I make eye contact with him while he is eating BAM comes the grin. Again, too much. I have to pick him up and bury my face in his smelly little neck in utter disbelief that this sweet little creature is really my SON. This morning we had a little mutual admiration love fest in my bed. Luke was looking fine in his best white trash onesie, I hadnt even buttoned all of the crotch snaps, so his diaper was bulging out (not a great look). I made him laugh, he made me laugh, so forth and so on. I leaned in for a giant kiss ~ just as his mouth suddenly turned into the wellspring of a chunky breastmilk/stomach stuff stew ~ it literally just guysered out of his mouth and down both sides of his face into his aforementioned stink neck. Missed my mouth by a hair. Nate would have absolutely joined in had he witnessed such an event. It was disgust-o. That ended the love fest session.
isn't motherhood like a journey into space..totally consuming and wonderful and scary and terrific and overwhelming? (none of the "planet of the apes" stuff) anyway, love your blog. luke is so precious! keep it coming!
ReplyDelete